Kris Kringle Cake
Easy-Moderate to do. Baking. Adult supervision is needed.
-1 2-layer-size package spice cake mix
-1/2 cup of boiling water
-1/4 cup shortening
-3 1/2 cups mixed chopped candied fruits
-2 cups broken walnuts
-1 cup raisins
1) Combine cake mix, shortening and boiling water in large bowl. Mix till well
moistened; let stand 30 minutes.
2) Mix at medium speed on electric mixer 2 minutes.
3) Add 2 eggs and beat 2 minutes.
4) Combine candied fruit, walnuts and raisins; stir into cake batter.
5) Pour into greased and paper-lined 10-inch tube pan.
6) Bake in slow oven (300 F) about 2 hours and 20 minutes.
7) Cool; remove from pan.